Caprolactam Production Cost Analysis 2020

Caprolactam or Azepan-2-one can be distinguished as a milky white-coloured solution with a mild, disagreeable odour. Caprolactams are cyclic amides of caproic acid, which is a carboxylic acid that is extracted from hexane with the general formula C5H11COOH.

The global demand for this compound is usually about 5 million tons annually, where the vast majority is used to make Nylon 6 filament, fibre, and plastics. About 90% of caprolactam produced is used to make filaments and fibres, while the rest 10% is used for the manufacture of plastics. Apart from this, a small amount of the compound is also used as a chemical intermediate.

The chemical’s commercial significance has led to the development of multiple methods for the production of caprolactam. It was estimated that 90% of all caprolactam is synthesized from cyclohexanone, which is first converted to its oxime. Treatment of this oxime with acid involves the Beckmann rearrangement to give caprolactam.

Procurement Resource provides an in-depth cost analysis of Caprolactam production. The report incorporates the manufacturing process with detailed process and material flow, capital investment, operating costs along with financial expenses and depreciation charges. The study is based on the latest prices and other economic data available. We also offer additional analysis of the report with detailed breakdown of all cost components (Capital Investment Details, Production Cost Details, Economics for another Plant Location, Dynamic Cost Model).

Reports

Caprolactam Production from Phenol

Caprolactam Production from Cyclohexane

Caprolactam Production from Benzene

Related Reports

Nylon 6 Production through Two Step Polymerisation

Nylon-6,6 Production from Adipic Acid and hexamethylenediamine

Polycaprolactam Production from Polymerization

Procurement Resource

Supply Demand and Market Analysis


Feasibility Studies


Techno-economic Evaluations


Investment Analysis


Multi-regional Cost Analyses

Evaluate Other Plant Locations

This report presents an analysis of capital and operating costs of a -based industrial plant. For those interested in economic assessments considering other plant locations, Procurement Resource offers optional analyses that complement this report.