Laurolactam Production Cost Reports
Laurolactam is an organic compound that belongs to the group of macrocyclic lactams. It is a water-insoluble, crystalline solid, which is usually beige coloured in technical quality and is white when pure. It is miscible in several organic solvents like in 1,4-dioxane, benzene, or cyclohexane.
The purification method of laurolactam is carried out traditionally by multistage distillation under reduced pressure. The combination of distillation and crystallisation by solution or melt yields the purest caprolactam.
Laurolactam is primarily used as a monomer in engineering plastics like for nylon-12 and copolyamides. Ring-opening polymerisation is utilised to polymerise the monomer, laurolactam, to nylon-12. The reaction can be brought on with cationic or anionic initiators or even with water. Cationic polymerisation with acid is believed to include the starting of O-protonation. Nucleophilic attack by the monomer on the reactive protonated nitrogen is carried out by successive ring-opening acylation of the main amine, resulting in the creation of the polyamide.
Procurement Resource provides an in-depth cost analysis of Purified Laurolactam production. The report incorporates the manufacturing process with detailed process and material flow, capital investment, operating costs along with financial expenses and depreciation charges. The study is based on the latest prices and other economic data available. We also offer additional analysis of the report with detailed breakdown of all cost components (Capital Investment Details, Production Cost Details, Economics for another Plant Location, Dynamic Cost Model).
Laurolactam Production from Cyclododecane
This report shows the cost structure of laurolactam production from cyclododecane. The process is conducted in the various steps. First, cyclododecane is oxidized into cyclododecanol.
Details: Germany - based plant Q2 2022 From $ 2499.00 USD
Need more help?
- We can tailor the report as per your unique requirements such as desired capacity, future expansion plans, product specifications, mode of financing, plant location, etc.
- We can also provide a comparative cost analysis, multi-regional cost analysis, scenario-based cost modeling, uncertainty and sensitivity analysis, TCO analysis and LTFA (long-term financial analysis)
- We can also provide a flexible, easy-to-use, dynamic excel-based cost-model/ dashboard where you can change the inputs to get different outputs
- Speak to our highly skilled team of analysts for insights on the recent trends and innovations, industry best practices, key success and risk factors, product pricing, margins, return on investment, industry standards and regulations, etc.
- Gain an unparalleled competitive advantage in your domain by understanding how to optimize your business operations and maximize profits
- For further assistance, please connect with our analysts