MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) Production Cost Reports
Food and Beverages
Monosodium glutamate or MSG, which is also known as sodium glutamate, is basically a sodium salt of glutamic acid. MSG was first prepared in the year 1908 by the Japanese biochemist, Kikunae Ikeda, who was trying to isolate and duplicate the taste of savoury kombu, which is an edible seaweed used as a base for several Japanese soups. It is one of the most abundant non-essential amino acids found in nature. The melting point of this acid is about 232 °C (450 °F; 505 K) while the molar mass of this chemical is about 169.111 g/mol (anhydrous) and 187.127 g/mol ( as monohydrate)
MSG is utilised in cooking as a flavour enhancer with an umami taste, which intensifies the meaty, savoury flavour of food, as naturally occurring glutamate does in cooking, for example, in stews and meat soups. MSG balances, blends, and even rounds the perception of other tastes. It is generally found in stock (bouillon) cubes, soups, ramen, gravy, stews, condiments, and savoury snacks, among others. The European Union classifies MSG as a food additive permitted in certain foods, which is subject to its quantitative limits.
Procurement Resource provides an in-depth cost analysis of MSG production. The report incorporates the manufacturing process with detailed process and material flow, capital investment, operating costs along with financial expenses and depreciation charges. The study is based on the latest prices and other economic data available. We also offer additional analysis of the report with detailed breakdown of all cost components (Capital Investment Details, Production Cost Details, Economics for another Plant Location, Dynamic Cost Model).
MSG Production from Bacterial Fermentation
This report provides the cost structure of MSG production by the bacterial fermentation method. In this process, natural products like sugarcane and tapioca undergo the process of fermentation to obtain glutamic acid.
Details: Germany - based plant Q2 2022 From $ 2499.00 USD
Need more help?
- We can tailor the report as per your unique requirements such as desired capacity, future expansion plans, product specifications, mode of financing, plant location, etc.
- We can also provide a comparative cost analysis, multi-regional cost analysis, scenario-based cost modeling, uncertainty and sensitivity analysis, TCO analysis and LTFA (long-term financial analysis)
- We can also provide a flexible, easy-to-use, dynamic excel-based cost-model/ dashboard where you can change the inputs to get different outputs
- Speak to our highly skilled team of analysts for insights on the recent trends and innovations, industry best practices, key success and risk factors, product pricing, margins, return on investment, industry standards and regulations, etc.
- Gain an unparalleled competitive advantage in your domain by understanding how to optimize your business operations and maximize profits
- For further assistance, please connect with our analysts