Sorbitol Production Cost Reports
Food and Beverages
Sorbitol production cost report provides a comprehensive analysis and know-how for setting up a Sorbitol production plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects that one needs to know for the production of Sorbitol. This includes manufacturing processes, raw material requirements, utility requirements, infrastructure requirements, machinery and technology requirements, manpower requirements, packaging requirements, transportation requirements, etc.
Sorbitol or D-sorbitol (C6H14O6) is a sugar alcohol, a kind of carbohydrate derived by the reduction of glucose, altering its aldehyde group to a hydroxyl group. It is naturally available in foods like pears, apples, peaches, and prunes but can be produced synthetically from glucose. It functions like a sweetening agent, a metabolite, a laxative, a cathartic, a human metabolite, a food humectant, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolite, an Escherichia coli metabolite and a mouse metabolite. It is an enantiomer of a L-glucitol.
Sorbitol is a water-soluble compound which sinks and mixes with water. It looks like a white crystalline powder that is odourless in a solid form. It has a molar mass of 182.17 g/mol and a density of 1.489 g/cm3. Its respective boiling and melting points are 296 °C and 95 °C. It is water soluble as well as has a high solubility in glycerin and propylene glycol. It has slight solubility in ethanol, methanol, acetic acid, phenol and acetamide solutions. It is basically insoluble in most other organic solvents.
Sorbitol is mainly used in diet foods, cough syrups, mints, and sugar-free chewing gum. It works like a non-stimulant laxative through an oral suspension or enema and other sugar alcohols except erythritol. It is typically used as a humectant and thickener in modern cosmetics, mouthwash and toothpaste. It is mainly employed in the packaged foods and beverage industries, where it helps add texture, sweetness and moisture retention.
As a defoaming agent, it is used for making sugar, brewing and bean product processing. It can also be used for other applications like moisturizing currants, thickening alcohol, cool drinks, sweet candy and chewing gum. Other uses of the product boosting its market demand include its use as an excipient, moisturizing agent, and antifreeze agent in toothpaste; as raw material in vitamin C; for making medicine tablets; as feed syrup, injection fluids, and a drug dispersion agent and fillers, among others.
Sorbitol Production Cost Processes with Cost Analysis
This report provides the cost structure of sorbitol production from the hydrogenation process. The hydrogenation of glucose is performed using catalysts like nickel and ruthenium.
Details: Germany - based plant Q2 2023 From $ 2499.00 USD
|Scope||Manufacturing Process: Process Flow, Material Flow, Material Balance
Raw Material and Product Specifications: Raw Material Consumption, Product and Co-product Generation
Land and Site Cost: Offsites/Civil Works, Equipment Cost, Auxiliary Equipment Costs, Contingency, Engineering and Consulting Charges, Working Capital
Variable Cost: Raw Material, Utilities, Other Variable Costs
Fixed Cost: Labor Requirements and Wages, Overhead Expenses, Maintenance Charges, Other Fixed Costs
Financing Costs: Interest on Working Capital, Interest on Loans
Other Costs: Depreciation Charges, General Sales and Admin Cost
|Currency||US$ (Data can also be provided in the local currency)|
|Pricing and Purchase Options||Basic: US$ 2499
Premium: US$ 3499
Enterprise: US$ 4799
|Customization Scope||The report can be customized as per the requirement of the customer|
|Post-Sale Analysts Report||10-12 weeks of post-purchase analyst support after report delivery for any queries from the deliverable|
|Delivery Format||PDF and Excel format through email (editable version in PPT/Word format of the report can be also provided on special request)|
Key Questions Answered in This Report
- What are the key requirements for setting up a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?
- How is Sorbitol manufactured?
- What is the process flow involved in producing Sorbitol?
- What are the raw material requirements and costs for producing Sorbitol?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?
- What are the construction requirements for setting up a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for producing Sorbitol?
- What are the utility requirements and costs for producing Sorbitol?
- What are the manpower requirements for producing Sorbitol?
- What are the average salaries/wages of manpower working in a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements and associated costs for Sorbitol?
- What are the transportation requirements and associated costs for Sorbitol?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?
- What should be the price of Sorbitol?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a Sorbitol manufacturing plant?