Fatty Acid - C16 Price Trends
Procurement Resource provides latest prices of Fatty Acid- C16. Each price database is tied to a user-friendly graphing tool dating back to 2014, which provides a range of functionalities: configuration of price series over user defined time period; comparison of product movements across countries; customisation of price currencies and unit; extraction of price data as excel files to be used offline.
Procurement Resource provides prices of Fatty Acid- C16 for several regions around the globe, which are as follows:
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
About Fatty Acid - C16:
Fatty Acid- C16 or palmitic acid is a saturated long-chain fatty acid with a 16-carbon backbone. Fatty Acid-C16 is found naturally in products like the palm oil and palm kernel oil. It is also found in food products like butter, cheese, milk, and meat.
Chemical Formula of Fatty Acid - C16:
- Hexadecanoic acid
- Palmitic acid
- Cetylic acid
- 256.42 g/mol
- Commercial and industrial products.
- Curing activator and polymer
- Finishing agents
- Fuels and fuel additives
- Lubricants and lubricant additives
- rubber component
- Surface active agents
- agricultural products (non-pesticidal)
- arts, crafts, and hobby materials
- Cleaning and furnishing care products
- Industrial organic chemicals used in commercial and consumer products.
- Laundry and dishwashing products
- personal care products
- Plastic and rubber products
- Rubber tires
- Production of Fatty Acid– C16 from Oil or Fat via Hydrolytic or Lipolytic Splitting.
In general, the production process of Fatty Acid involves hydrolytic or lipolytic splitting (reaction with water using high pressure and temperature or enzymes) of any oil or fat to finally obtain Fatty Acid as the product.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Oleon NV
- Pacific Oleochemicals Sdn Bhd
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Longyan Zhuoyue New Energy Co. Ltd.
Note: Our supplier search experts can assist your procurement teams in compiling and validating a list of suppliers indicating they have products, services, and capabilities that meet your company's needs.
The displayed pricing data is derived through weighted average purchase price, including contract and spot transactions at the specified locations unless otherwise stated. The information provided comes from the compilation and processing of commercial data officially reported for each nation (i.e. government agencies, external trade bodies, and industry publications).